As an independent charity, the CGF receives no funding from local or central government, and is completely self-funding.
REGISTERED CHARITY NUMBER - 274325
Our mission is to:
- support children and adults with growth related problems, and their families
- fund research into potential solutions
- raise awareness of growth problems
- support health professionals in the management of these conditions
The conditions supported by the Foundation are:
- Russell Silver Syndrome (RSS)/Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IUGR)/Small for Gestational Age (SGA)
- Bone Dysplasia
- Sotos Syndrome
- Premature Sexual Maturity (PSM)
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (GHD)/Multiple Pituitary Hormone Deficiency (MPHD)
- Weavers Syndrome
- Tatton Brown Rahman Syndrome
Training the Professionals
Training of health professionals including doctors, nurses and health visitors, and the publication of papers in medical journals, have become important parts of our work. We take part in many strategic meetings relating to growth, and lobby various government bodies.
See our resources for Health Professionals here.